Rehabilitation describes specialized healthcare dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition and mobility with maximized results. Typically, rehabilitation helps an individual gain greater independence after illness, injury or surgery. Rehabilitation can also be explained as the process of helping an individual achieve the highest level of function, independence, and quality of life possible.
The right time to shift a patient to rehab is immediately after discharge from an acute care hospital.
Rehab is a bridge for people to transit from hospital to home. It becomes difficult for a family to provide hospital like care at home. At Rehab patient are trained to regain strength and mobility post trauma or an episode by a multi-disciplinary team. Patient on tracheostomy or post trauma require intensive therapy sessions during the first three months to regain optimal function.
We have a multidisciplinary team approach where we design personalized care plan catering to individual’s goal.
We provide rehabilitation care to Neuro, Ortho, Cardiac, Pulmonology, Paediatric and Geriatric patients.
The minimum length of stay for a neuro case is 2 weeks and for ortho or cardiac case is between 7 to 10 days.
- If the patient is in an acute care hospital, a family member can visit our centre to discuss with our Physiatrist about the patients current condition and to estimate the length of stay at the centre.
- If the patient is at home than we would set up an appointment for assessment with our Physiatrist to determine the outcome measures.
- We have a multidisciplinary team which functions under the guidance of a Physiatrist.
- Advance Robotics Technology to aid and enhance the recovery process of the patient.
- Intensivist on board to handle emergency and to provide medical treatment for existing co-morbidities.
- State of the art facility with international standards of care and protocol.
- Every day a patient undergoes 3 – 4 sessions based on their care plan designed by our doctors.
- Rehabilitation is the process of Enhancing and Restoring functional ability and quality of life to those with Physical impairments and Disabilities.
- Physiotherapy is used to help the people who are affected by injury, illness through Manual therapy, Exercises, Education. Physiotherapy treatment combines exercises to build strength and range of motion with pain relieving techniques.
- In simpler words, Physiotherapy is a part of the rehabilitation process.