Certain medical injuries can be devastating, and patients often fall back on rehabilitation to cope up with their future. The immense progress in robotic technology has produced positive results for the healthcare industry. It has assisted patients in their journey of rehabilitation and provided the therapists with upgraded tools. Rehabilitation robotics aims to scale the benefits attained by patients during their journey of rehabilitation. This is done using certain robotic devices like an exoskeleton.
The technology is designed to analyze the patient’s current physical capacity and aids in certain types of training that may extend the capacity further. Rehabilitation robotics signifies the dawn of a new era in the field of healthcare. Patients, who have suffered spinal cord injuries or strokes, can avail of the therapy of robotic devices.
IS IT UPGRADING THE PROCESS OF REHABILITATION?
- They are of immense use when it comes to arm therapy. Arm therapy involves arm movements that can restore a patient’s shoulder, elbow, and hand. With robotic technology, the patient can be administered with various hand movements. The machine can judge the condition of the patient’s arm muscles and accordingly, exercises will be performed by the machine. Thus, arm therapy is much more efficient with rehabilitation robotics.
- Indeed rehabilitation robotics is shaping the future of physiotherapy. It also eliminates the necessity of 3-4 dedicated trainers for the recovery of one patient. Owing to the cognitive capabilities of the robotic devices, the patient can safely undergo the training sessions.
- Rehabilitation is not just about physical improvement but also mental well-being. They increase the patient’s tendency to participate actively. As a result, they do not feel incapacitated but are empowered with the application of rehabilitation robotics in their therapy.
- One can get a quick and easy overview of the progress of the patient. The technology is mostly automated and data-driven. At a given time a therapist can treat a batch of patients without breaking a sweat. The technology is superior because it is labor-extensive and functions in sync with the principles of artificial intelligence.
- One can welcome the prospect of a new life where one is self-sufficient and not dependent. Many robotic tools have proven effective for the patients even after a considerable amount of time has elapsed since the injury.