With optimum rehabilitation and therapy, a patient’s life becomes much easier after an accident or injury. Health issues involving the brain or spine can especially hinder a person’s daily routine while affecting them emotionally, too.
In such cases, neurological rehabilitation helps patients to get back on their feet and live life independently. If you or your loved one is undergoing therapy for any neurological issue, then keeping certain factors in mind becomes essential. Read on to find some of the general aspects of the neurological rehab procedure which will make your recovery swift and hassle-free.
- It is vital to understand that rehabilitation is a patient-centric procedure. Hence, it must include the active involvement of family, rehab specialists when it comes to planning the patient’s recuperation.With such therapeutic procedures, optimizing the affected person’s overall well-being and participation in society will become easy.
- Also, neurological rehabilitation is often narrowly confined to physical ailments and disabilities. Nonetheless, the psychological, social and cognitive aspects of a patient are of primary importance, too.
- Setting realistic goals for a patient is imperative. The recovery goals and process applies to all the patients who might suffer from both long and short-term problems.
- Helping patients in learning and acquiring new skills which maximizes activities is crucial. Altering the social and physical environment of the injured will also result in minimizing the handicap.
- A rehab specialized doctor must provide accurate information regarding the nature of deficit, its prognosis and diagnosis. Assigning patients with appropriate rehabilitation equipment for improving their condition is vital.
Interestingly, during the recuperation stage after a stroke or brain injury, the treatment methods and medicine are given importance. Normalizing the patient’s deficits becomes the primary concern, as well. It is crucial for neuro experts to formulate unique yet basic approaches for treating the patient’s disabilities.
This is applicable when it comes to creating customized medication or exercise program for patients. Such aspects target and improve the affected person’s deficits to help them get back to normal life.
Thus, setting precise long-term goals for neurological patients is vital. This process can begin with the patients learning to move independently of walking aids and support.
The primary objective for neurological specialists is to createcustom-made healthcare strategies that meticulously focus on improving the patient’s deficits.
The Neurological RehabilitationTherapy at ApoKos aims to improve the patient’s health, physical function along with reinstating their strength. Enabling patients to walk freely without additional support is what helps the specialists in striving to work harder and better. Offering a rehabilitative environment which combines the effectiveness of supervised physiotherapy and customized equipment is the chief motive of specialists.
Dr Anirudh Chirania
Dr Anirudh Chirania is a Consultant Physiatrist with ApoKOS Rehabilitation Hospital, Hyderabad. He is a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist for Stroke and Pain Management and has an active experience of over 2 years. He completed his MBBS from IPGMER, Kolkata in 2010, and obtained his DNB (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) from Sambhunath Pandit Hospital, Kolkata in 2015. Dr Anirudh also holds a fellowship in Pain Management from Aesculap Academy.